This week I chatted with a friend who was intersted in started a new career online. During our conversation I realized there was no way I could list everything I have learned, nor could I verbalize it all in ten minutes. Applying for jobs online takes just as much effort as getting an offline position. Here is a short list of ten tips to help you land online jobs.
Top 10 Tips for Landing Online Jobs
1. Create a cover letter template. Use this template when responding to open positions. Simply tweak the template to fit the current job listing.
2. Create or update your current resume. Keep online privacy in mind when including personal information on the resume.
3. Create a professional email. Ex, NaySimmons @mail . com or a personal email on a domain that you already own. Keeping work and social email addresses separate helps ensure that important emails are never missed.
4. Create at least one professional online social networking profile. Always use the privacy settings to control who has access to see personal information. Linked In is a good place to consider creating a profile. There are a lot of great job leads posted daily on Linked In. Add five to twenty new friends each week within the field that you desire to work in. Make friends globally, telecommute positions can be done anywhere.
5. Apply to 5 jobs each day. If you are pressed for time commit to 3 each day. Consistency will bring in steady responses, until you land steady work.Home Job Stop – screened job leads
Originally posted 2011-11-17 06:22:19. Republished by Blog Post Promoter